When to Contact Technical Support
The technical support service can be contacted week days from 10:00 am till 5:00 pm EST time (GMT -5), by telephone or via email (see details below). This service is for disk based NAS servers. Diskless customers need to contact the relevant manufacturers, even for DOA cases, as the manufacturers have an understanding with us for replacement of DOA Diskless units.
What should I have ready before contacting support?
We have had to implement this process for a few reasons, mainly we are shortly hoping to be ISO 9002 approved and need to ensure we comply with requirements, as well ensuring our customers get support first, as a result of many calls we get from users that cannot get support from their current vendors, who have simply abandoned their customers. We wish to ensure our customers get first priority. In the first instance send us an email to support [at] simplynas.com and provide the following information.
- Your order ID (When you placed the order if you do not have hard copy, then it would have been emailed to you from sales [at] simplynas.com. Failing this, please have the invoice number provided with the system.
- Product Manufacturer and Model
- Serial Number.
- Make sure you have a back-up of the information on your NAS, if you have not backed up as yet, we strongly recommend you do, as the risk of losing data is at all times very high when support is being sought.
What should I expect?
We endeavor to deal with each technical support query within 24hrs, and with the highest degree of courtesy, integrity and empathy. If we are unable to resolve your problem or feel it is appropriate for recommending you to our manufacturing partner, we will do so, as and when we think this will be beneficial for resolving the issue. It is always important to remember that the specialist will base his/her recommendation for resolving the issue entirely on the information that you will provide.
Once the support email has been sent we may contact you via telephone, if the matter is evaluated as critical, irrespective please be ready to answer the following questions:
- Information about your NAS system, manufacturer, model and the configuration (all this information is provided is already provided to you on your sales invoice and configuration sheet that accompanies every NAS server.
- Your technical issue and error state if any
- Any peculiar instances prior to problem occurrence. Do you have back-ups? If not make them before calling if at all possible.
- Is your computer connected to a network? If yes — contact your system administrators first. If they can't solve your problem they should contact technical support themselves.
- Details: when did the problem first appear? What had you been doing before the problem appeared? Very often this information allows us to resolve your problem quickly.
Level 1 support
Initial hand holding via support ticketing system only, we will call customers if the support issue is critical, i.e. system failure or unable to boot the NAS Server. This is a free service and we will do our best to respond in a timely manner. Most of issues relating to failure of hardware and firmware will be passed over to the manufacturer as these are system specific.
Level 2 support
Network, connectivity, application, deployment based issues, basically anything that does not fall within level 1 category. This service is provided via telephone and is chargeable please let us know your specific needs and we would be happy to quote accordingly.
Level 3 support
This is based on critical support for on-site call-outs and/or advance replacements service agreements that are already in place. Call us for support, provide us the agreement number and we will ensure our service agreement is in place.