QNAP Systems, Inc., headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, provides a comprehensive range of cutting-edge Network-attached Storage (NAS) and video surveillance solutions based on the principles of usability, high security, and flexible scalability. QNAP offers quality NAS products for home and business users, providing solutions for storage, backup/snapshot, virtualization, teamwork, multimedia, and more. QNAP envisions NAS as being more than "simple storage", and has created many NAS-based innovations to encourage users to host and develop Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, and machine learning solutions on their QNAP NAS.
168 University Parkway, Pomona CA 91768
- TEL: +1-909-595-2782
- FAX: +1-909-992-7777
Technical Support Contact
- Tech Support Service Hours: 06:00–18:00, Mon - Fri (GMT-8, Summer time: GMT-7)
TS-1677XU-RP Featuring the AMD Ryzen Processor
Ryzen™-based rackmount NAS with up to 8 cores/16 threads and integrated dual 10GbE SFP+ ports to optimize system performance
Powered by AMD’s powerful Ryzen™ processor, the TS-1677XU-RP is capable of boosting virtual machine performance with up to 8 cores/16 threads and Turbo Core up to 4.1 GHz. Four PCIe Gen.3 slots provides expandability to provide more potential applications and functionality for the TS-1677XU-RP. The TS-1677XU-RP also features a redundant power supply to ensure maximum system uptime.
- Two 10GbE SFP+ ports provide higher bandwidth to empower applications like virtualization, 4K video editing and file sharing.
- PCIe expandability allows for installing 10GbE/40GbE adapters, PCIe NVMe SSD, graphics cards, USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) cards, or wireless network cards.
- Supports AMD Radeon™ and NVIDIA® graphics cards for video processing or GPU-passthrough to VMs.
- Qtier™ technology and SSD caching enable 24/7 optimized storage efficiency.
- Scalable storage supporting virtualization, containerized apps, centralized storage, backup, sharing, and disaster recovery.
- RAID 50/60 is recommended for NAS with over 6 disks to strike a balance between capacity, protection, and performance
Absolute performance with AMD Ryzen™ and up to 64GB RAM
Powered by a high-performance AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700, AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600 or AMD Ryzen™ 3 1200 processor with AES-NI encryption acceleration and up to 64GB DDR4 RAM, the TS-1677XU-RP delivers aggressive yet power-smart performance to meet your multitasking demands. For resource-demanding business applications such as VDI, R&D, private cloud, and server virtualization, look no further than the TS-1677XU-RP.
Dual-channel Memory to deliver power-smart performance
The TS-1677XU-RP supports dual-channel DDR-4 memory and four Long-DIMM slots. When using paired memory modules, the TS-1677XU-RP can leverage the power of dual-channel architecture to boost performance. You also customize the memory configuration (supports up to 64GB RAM) of the TS-1677XU-RP, making it the most ideal and cost-efficient storage solution for environments like virtualization that contain dynamically-changing workloads.
Extend NAS functionality with PCIe slots
The TS-1677XU-RP features four PCIe slots* that allow for installing 10GbE/40GbE network cards, QM2 M.2 SSD/10GbE PCIe cards, or compatible wireless network cards for greater application potential.
Fuel GPU-accelerated computing with a 500W power supply
Graphics cards are optimized for graphical calculations and transformations, but require significantly more power compared to other hardware. The TS-1677XU-RP offers PCIe slots to support an AMD Radeon™ or NVIDIA® graphics card and features a 500 watt power supply that provides a 8-pin (6+2) power connector and a 6-pin power connector to power a graphics card for boosting imaging processing in QTS and performance of virtual machines via GPU passthrough.
1. GPU support for QTS only applies to NVIDIA graphics cards. GPU Passthrough for VM is supported by AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards.
2. When Virtualization Station uses graphics cards, the NAS will temporarily stop hardware transcoding acceleration for QTS (and vice versa).
3. The TS-1677XU-RP supports graphics cards with dimensions ( L x W x H) up to 214 x 38.5 x 111 mm. » Learn More
4. Consult the Compatibility List for information on supported NAS and graphics cards.
5. Users are advised to install graphics card in Slot 3, as it can provide the bandwidth of PCIe Gen.3 x8 when slot 4 is not in use.
Run multiple graphics cards in your TS-1677XU-RP to unleash greater potential
Featuring four PCIe slots, the TS-1677XU-RP allows you to insert up to two high-end graphics cards that work cooperatively to deliver incredible computing performance over a single graphics card. It helps lead to greater potential for accelerating NAS video processing and GPU computing, empowering data-intensive AI machine learning, and realizing GPU-passthrough to VMs.
SSD caching and auto tiering enable 24/7 optimized storage efficiency
The TS-1677XU-RP provides four PCIe slots that allow for installing QNAP's innovative QM2 cards to add M.2 SSD applications ,such as SSD caching, to the NAS. Using an SSD cache boosts overall system performance, and is perfect for improving the overall workflow of random IOPS demanding applications such as virtualization. Qtier™ Technology empowers the TS-1677XU-RP with auto tiering that further helps continuously optimize storage efficiency across M.2 SSD, SSD, high-capacity SATA drives, and the optional PCIe NVMe SSD with around-the-clock acceleration. The new Qtier™ 2.0 features IO-awareness that empowers SSD tiered storage with a cache-like reserved space to handle burst I/O in real time, greatly maximizing the advantages of SSD.
Optimized performance for VMware Virtualization with iSER
With the built-in dual 10GbE ports that natively features Mellanox® ConnectX-4, the TS-1677XU-RP supports the iSCSI Extensions for RDMA (iSER) protocol to boost data transfer performance of the TS-1677XU-RP as VMware® ESXi storage and to reduce the CPU load of the ESXi server. iSER can provide a significant increase in performance, providing an essential tool to optimize demanding virtualization applications.
Redundant power supply models
- TS-877XU-RP-1200-4G: 8-bay, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (4-core/4-thread, 3.1 GHz, max. 3.4 GHz) processor, 4 GB RAM, 2 x 300 W redundant power supply, 2U
- TS-877XU-RP-2600-8G: 8-bay, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (6-core/12-thread, 3.4 GHz, max. 3.9 GHz) processor, 8 GB RAM, 2 x 300 W redundant power supply, 2U
- TS-1277XU-RP-1200-4G: 12-bay, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (4-core/4-thread, 3.1 GHz, max. 3.4 GHz) processor, 4 GB RAM, 2 x 300 W redundant power supply, 2U
- TS-1277XU-RP-2600-8G: 12-bay, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (6-core/12-thread, 3.4 GHz, max. 3.9 GHz) processor, 8 GB RAM, 2 x 300 W redundant power supply, 2U
- TS-1677XU-RP-1200-4G: 16-bay, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (4-core/4-thread, 3.1 GHz, max. 3.4 GHz) processor, 4 GB RAM, 2 x 500 W redundant power supply (power connector for graphics card included), 3U
- TS-1677XU-RP-2600-8G: 16-bay, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (6-core/12-thread, 3.4 GHz, max. 3.9 GHz) processor, 8 GB RAM, 2 x 500 W redundant power supply (power connector for graphics card included), 3U
- TS-1677XU-RP-2700-16G: 16-bay, AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8-core/16-thread, 3.2 GHz, max. 4.1 GHz) processor, 16 GB RAM, 2 x 500 W redundant power supply (power connector for graphics card included), 3U
Single power supply models
- TS-877XU-1200-4G: 8-bay, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (4-core/4-thread, 3.1 GHz, max. 3.4 GHz) processor, 4 GB RAM, 350 W power supply, 2U