November 2, 2018 – QNAP TS-2888X Announcement
QNAP has finally rolled out the TS-2888X AI-ready NAS and precipitated by taking pre-orders for all models at a discounted price for early bird customers. Specifically created to optimize AI workflows, providing a “hands-on, ready-to-use software environment to reduce time and complexity for implementation and management”.
The latest QNAP NAS system is equipped with an Intel Xeon W multi-core processor coupled with a ASETEK CPU liquid cooling system. The QNAP TS-2888X NAS also includes support for up to 512 GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM memory, mainstream NVIDIA/AMD/Intel acceleration cards (thanks to 8 PCIe slots and a 2,000-Watt, 80+ Platinum-rated PSU), and up to 4 high-end graphics cards, as well as a hybrid storage architecture that includes 8 3.5-inch SATA HDDs, 16 2.5-inch SATA SSDs, and 4 2.5-inch U2 PCIe NVMe SSDs.
In addition to the hardware specs mentioned above, there is a software environment for organizations that need to deploy and maintain AI applications, which includes the exclusive QuAI developer package, as well as support for various open-source tools and frameworks, such as TensorFlow, AlexNet, FaceNet, Caffe, and more
“Besides the exclusive QuAI – an AI developer package to quickly build, train and optimize AI models running on the NAS – QNAP’s Container Station enables a range of open-source tools and frameworks for the AI workflows readily available to you. Being an all-in-one AI solution, the TS-2888X greatly simplifies the implementation of AI alongside providing greater cost-efficiency.”
Early adopters can take advantage of a 15% discount by pre-ordering the TS-2888X now (offer ends November 30th, 2018). Preorder the TS-2888X now
Features of the QNAP TS-2888X NAS include :
- The TS-2888X is powerful yet affordable, making AI accessible to your business blueprint.
- Public cloud training is not suitable for confidential or sensitive data. Keep full control over all your data with the TS-2888X!
- QNAP’s exclusive QuAI computing platform simplifies implementing AI workflows.
- Data is the key to AI, and the TS-2888X provides the potential for huge capacities to remove the storage bottleneck from AI development.
- Flexible backup tools and snapshot protection assure your data while also allowing efficient disaster recovery.
A comprehensive 41-page document about the capabilities of the TS-2888X can be downloaded by clicking here and you can read our product brief on the TS-2888X by clicking here.
The starting price of the TS-2888X is US$5,799, but it can go up all the way to US$27,199 depending on the model. However, the interested parties can place their pre-orders by the end of November and benefit from a 15 percent early bird discount.