To ensure efficient processing of orders and keep our prices as low as possible, SimplyNAS has established the following policies regarding return of merchandise:
- We follow our returns policy strictly and do not make any exceptions.
- We do not offer a money-back guarantee on any product.
- We do not provide any product on 'evaluation' basis.
- Any return as a result of incompatibility will not be accepted. Please ensure appropriate dialogue has taken place with the relevant manufacturer prior to purchase, thus conforming to all compatibility standards.
- In general, the period for credit and replacement of allowable items are within 20 days of shipment date. You can see what date it was shipped by logging into your account.
- After the 20 day period, contact the manufacturer for warranty replacement/repair. For items that manufacturer will not warranty directly, there will be a $35 handling fee to cover the shipping and handling. Please provide a check or credit card information with the returned package along with a letter request for service. Repairs can take anywhere from a few weeks to 2 month. Please make arrangement accordingly.
- DOA (Dead On Arrival) Diskless based products will be handled directly by the relevant manufacturers.
- Shipping is non-refundable under any circumstances, the only exception are errors that have been made by us during order processing or shipping incorrectly, but only for an adjustment to the shipping cost.
- Restocking Fee – All returns are subject to a 15% fee based on the sale price on the sales invoice.
- Restocking Fee – There is no restocking fee for Defective (as determined directly by Manufacturer) products if returned within 14 days of the sale date. Unless defective, a restocking fee of 15% will be charged on all opened items.
- Damaged Product Fee - A 15% damaged product fee in addition to the restocking fee will be charged for any product missing the original box, packaging material, and /or manuals (i.e., any product not in "like new" condition).
- All returns will be tested. Return for replacement found to be non-defective will result in a handling fee of $35. Customers agree that they will abide by the findings of our technical support department.
- There are NO RETURNS for Hard Disk Drives whether purchased separately or integrated within a system (pre-installed). Customers agree that these items can only be returned to manufacturers for replacement/repair. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Customers agree to report lost or damaged shipping claims to SimplyNAS.com within 24 hours of receiving the shipment. Failure to do so results in the forfeiture of any possible remedy from SimplyNAS.com.
- SimplyNAS.com does not offer advanced replacement.
- Customers must pay for return shipping on all returns, including DOA product.
RETURN AND EXCHANGE REQUIREMENTS
Your original receipt is required for all returns, exchanges and warranty repair services.
Please remove all personal data (e.g., computer data/files, music, or pictures) from any product you wish to return or exchange. SimplyNAS is not responsible for any data left on or in these systems.
NON-RETURNABLE AND NON-REFUNDABLE ITEMS
Under no circumstances will we accept returns on:
- Any item that is missing any accessories;
- Any Damaged items;
- Labor and/or installation services;
- Items that are damaged or abused;
- Memory, hard drives, and other electronic parts are not returnable if opened and pre-installed. Warranties are offered by the manufacturer and will be honored by the manufacturer;
- All Extended Warranty and Maintenance Contracts for Products Purchased
- Opened and Licensed software (If refunds are offered by vendor please contact the vendor prior to purchase for verification);
- All items not purchased from us.
MAIL-IN REBATE POLICY
Any product offering a mail-in rebate is not returnable to SimplyNAS once the rebate has been filed. Be sure that the product is functional and that you intend to keep the product before sending in for your rebate. Products missing UPC codes or serial numbers from the box are NOT returnable. Only the product manufacturer can replace a defective item missing the UPC code.
CUSTOM CONFIGURED PRODUCTS
We are pleased to offer product custom configured to your specifications, and encourage you to review your order carefully. Since the product is built to your specifications the order cannot be changed, modified or cancelled once your order is in production.
The quickest way for us to be able to handle a return for you is for you to accept delivery and then contact us about sending the item back. When you follow this procedure we can credit your account in just a few days. If you refuse shipment the product goes back to the delivery company and might not get back to us for 2 or 3 weeks. We cannot process your return until we receive the product.
If you refuse shipment, your shipping will still not be refunded; it will only delay your credit for your purchase. On all shipments to customers, we incur shipping and handling costs. Of course, if the shipment is a result of a SimplyNAS.com error, we will issue a credit for all shipping and handling fees, and the product once it is returned to SimplyNAS.com. If through no fault of SimplyNAS.com the shipment is refused, we will charge your account these outbound shipping and handling fees to recover the expenses we incurred. We also reserve the right to impose a 15% restocking fee.
STORAGE APPLIANCES, SOFTWARE AND HARD DISK DRIVES
Our acceptance for credit or exchange is 20 days from shipment date.
We only offer Computer Storage products and as such we make a tremendous effort to test all pre-installed systems prior to shipment, this has helped to eliminate almost all of the DOA and pre-installation issues that normally plague systems. However, we have little or no control over bad shipment methods adopted by shipping companies even though we take extensive precaution by double boxing and using more than adequate packaging material to limit transit damage.
If you have received an item and you think it is defective, please contact the technical support department at the manufacturer before you call us for an RMA number. More than 90% of our returns turn out to be working after our technicians tested them. We do not guarantee against incompatibility since we do not know your system configuration so please check with the manufacturer to find out if the product you want will work with your system.
Software is non-returnable once you have opened the package, if it has a defective CD, we will request a copy from the manufacturer on your behalf, and alternatively the quickest method is to request a replacement from the manufacturer after the product has been registered.
Hard Disk Drives:
All Hard Disk Drives supplied by us are OEM and carry the necessary warranty from manufacturers. In almost all cases Desktop (Standard) drives carry a 3 year warranty whilst the Enterprise drives carry a 5 year warranty. Please check with individual brand manufacturers for exact warranty terms and period. All HDD's are non-returnable whether provided as part of the systems or sold as individual extra drives. If a system return becomes necessary please remove the drives from their individual drive caddies and retain the bare drives.
To return a product based upon SimplyNAS.com replacement/return guarantee, you must obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number within the guarantee return period for the product. Please email returns [at] simplynas.com requesting an RMA form to be sent. The RMA form must be completed in full, and returned to us by email. Once received completed in full we will issue an RMA number. SimplyNAS will not accept returns without prior authorization and a RMA number. Once issued, RMA numbers are valid for 7 days within which return products must be received by SimplyNAS. RMA numbers will not be extended or reissued. Customer should prominently display the RMA number(s) on the shipping label of boxes containing the returned product, please do not deface the original packaging in any way.
In the case of any product(s) returned for any reason, the returned item(s) must be 100% complete, in original and re-salable condition, with all packaging, manuals, registration card(s), accessories and software. We reserve the right to refuse a return on any product that does not meet these requirements.
MANUFACTURER CONTACT INFORMATION FOR WARRANTY AND SUPPORT
487 Montague Expressway, Milpitas , CA 95035
Support Tel: (909) 869 9110
Technology support: http://ussupport.thecus.com/esupport/
Support e-mail: email@example.com
QNAP US Office
166 University Parkway, Pomona CA 91768
Service Hours: 08:00–17:00 (GMT–08:00 Pacific Time, Mon–Fri)
Product Support Ticket: http://qnap.com/onlinesupport.aspx
Support e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Synology America Corp.
2899 152nd Ave NE,
Redmond, WA 98052.
+1 425 296 3177 - Support
(Hours of operation: 9A-5P, M-F, GMT-8)
+1 425 818 1587 - Other Inquiries
Product Support Ticket: http://www.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=us
350 East Plumeria Drive
San Jose, California 95134-1911
Corporate Office Phone: (408) 907-8000
Corporate Office Fax: (408) 907-8097
For products purchased new in the last 90 days in the USA and North America:
1-888-NETGEAR | 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
For products purchased new in the last 90 days outside of the USA:
phone numbers by country | Support hours vary by country
For products purchased more than 90 days ago, please review the scope of netgear's free technical support
To register your product or determine if your product is still under warranty, go to http://www.netgear.com/register
Shipping and Handling Fees are not refundable, with the exception of orders incorrectly shipped by SimplyNAS.com.
For a Printable Version of our return policy please send an email reqest to service [at] simplynas.com
Errors and Omissions Accepted
Updated: November 2018