You have no items in your shopping cart.
TeraStation 5410RN Rackmount 4-Bay 24TB (4 x 6TB) NAS grade hard drives with RAID & iSCSI Unified Storage - TS5410RN2404
TeraStation 5410RN Rackmount is a high-performance 1U network storage device ideal for businesses and demanding users requiring a reliable RAID based solution for larger networks and business critical applications. Powered by the Annapurna Labs® Alpine AL314 1.7GHz Quad-Core processor. Increased reliability is achieved with the Terastation 5410RN being populated with hard drives built specifically for always on NAS devices.
- High performance Annapurna Labs® Alpine AL314 1.7GHz Quad-Core processor,
- NAS grade hard drives
- Business-class features
- Rack-mountable,10GbE port
Buffalo’s TeraStation 5410RN Rackmount is a high-performance four-drive 1U network storage device ideal for businesses and demanding users requiring a reliable RAID-based network storage solution for larger networks and business critical applications. With the powerful Annapurna Labs® Alpine AL314 processor, TeraStation 5410RN provides exceptional performance during file transfers and everyday NAS functions. Increased reliability is achieved with the Terastation 5410RN being populated with hard drives built specifically for always on NAS devices. TeraStation 5410RN runs many services simultaneously and the dynamic combination of the 1.7 GHz Quad Core processor and 4 GB DDR3 RAM enables the acute ability to focus on concurrent tasks with minimal performance degradation. TeraStation 5410RN is packed with business class features such as Active Directory support, disk quota support, share level replication, failover support, 10GbE port, dual gigabit Ethernet ports, hot-swap hard drives, improved iSCSI targeting and USB 3.0 accessory support.
- Pre-tested NAS grade Hard drives included with RAID pre-configured
- 3 years warranty with 24/7 North American-based support
- Save time and resources by accessing these devices from a single console with Buffalo’s free Remote Management Service
- Variety of backup solutions: Hybrid Cloud Backup / Private Cloud Backup / iSCSI backup target (VMware® certified) / Rsync Backup
- Native 10GbE port / 4GB ECC memory / Metal chassis / Internal power / LCD
- Integrated cloud backup with Dropbox, Dropbox Business, Amazon S3, Microsoft™ Azure and Microsoft OneDrive
- Includes NovaBACKUP license(s) for professional-level server and PC backups
- Partially populated option available with 4 & 8 bay model for your future scalability
- Optimized performance for SMB 30 - 100 concurrent users
- 256 bit AES encryption (more about our TeraStation security features)
- Partially Populated options available
- Made in Japan / TAA Compliant
- Works with Buffalo remote monitoring software (Network QuickView by Buffalo) and also compatible to 3rd party software (Monitor Resources)
10GbE Compatible: Ready for future data growth
Lower cost 10GbE products and a growth in data & file sizes mean that businesses can now benefit greatly from 10GbE networking. 10GbE compatible devices and category 6A (Cat 6a) or higher rated cables allow improvements to office productivity by eliminating network bottlenecks and shortening data backup times. Your TeraStation can complete your backup up to 27% faster with 10GbE networking.
Easy and Simple: Save your time and money with all inclusive backup
With NAS-grade hard drives included, Buffalo’s Terastation is a one stop all-inclusive backup and recovery storage solution, allowing you to store in your network just by plug and play.
We make it easy for you, and this is the reason why Buffalo NAS has been chosen.
- Comes with features to make it easy for you to manage your NAS and its users: Active Directory, Remote Monitoring, Advanced NTFS Permissions, Rsync Integration. (more details about these features)
- Pre-tested NAS grade hard drives included with RAID pre-configured
- LCD display allows easy visibility to the current unit status
- TeraStation data can be easily backed up to external storage (DriveStation) or other Rsync based NAS devices
- 4 & 8-bay models have partially populated options for to fulfill your future data requirements while keeping initial costs low.
Reliable Quality: Designed for 24/7 operation
Your data is secure with our small business purpose build TeraStation, designed for 24/7 operation.
- Peace of mind included with Industry # 1 support
The TeraStation is designed for reliable, 24/7 operation to keep your data secure. TeraStation 5010 Series products are built in Japan, where each NAS/Enterprise -grade hard drive undergoes comprehensive testing to ensure compatibility and reliability.
TS5010 comes with free 3-year warranty and 24/7 North American Based Support. If problems arise just one call to our help desk and we will work to resolve your issue. (more about benefits of Buffalo NAS).
Buffalo also offers optional Next Business Day / Keep Your Drive warranty options. Warranties can be extended up to 5 years
- Purpose build & optimized for data storage
All units come with the new Buffalo OS, optimized to stabilize data backup and file sharing. Optimal performance with 100+ simultaneous client PC access for 24 hours (more about the latest Buffalo NAS features)
The NAS hardware is built with business class components to provide stable 24/7 operations, including Quad Core CPU with server class ECC memory.
Backup Options to Protect Your Data
TeraStation 5010 is reliable and affordable backup target with multiple uses for your data protection needs. Click below to learn more about each use case.
- Hybrid Cloud Backup (3rd Party Cloud Backup) Amazon S3, Dropbox, Microsoft Azure and OneDrive
- Private Cloud Backup (Data Replication)
- Storage Virtualization (iSCSI backup) - See specs tab for VMware supported releases
- NovaStor backup (The best single-server and PC backup software for servers & workstations)
- Rsync Integration
- Replication password reminder. More details here.
File Server: Centralize and share your digital assets
TeraStation offers the storage solution for increasing needs for easy data management for multiple user file share at a fast speed
- Advanced NTFS Permissions (Windows ACL)
File permissions can be controlled at the subfolder file level from Windows Explorer, making it possible to create new shares with unique permissions on demand from active directory.
- Web Access
You can access your data from anywhere when you need.
Buffalo's Data Recovery Service
This product qualifies for Buffalo's data recovery service for simple logical data issues.
To receive this service, the device must be registered within its original warranty terms.
|Internal Hard Drives|
|Number of Drives||4|
|Supported RAID levels||RAID 0,1,5,6,10, JBOD (Individual Disks)|
|Streams (Tx x Rx)||N/A|
|Adjustable Output Power||N/A|
|Speed and Flow Control||N/A|
|Number of WAN Ports||N/A|
|Interface||(10BASE-T)IEEE802.3, (100BASE-TX)IEEE802.3u, (1000BASE-T)IEEE802.3ab, (10000BASE-T)IEEE802.3an|
|Number of Ports||(2) 10/100/1000 Mbps (1) 10GBE|
|Data Transfer Rates||10 / 100 / 1000 /10000 Mbps|
|Number of Ports||3x USB 3.0|
|Data Transfer Rates||5 Gbps* (USB 3.0)
* 5 Gbps is the maximum transfer rate derived from the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus 3.0. Actual transfer rate will vary depending upon environmental factors. Data rate, features and performance may vary based on the configuration of your system and other factors.
|Environmental and Power|
|Is item DOT regulated, Hazmat or OMR-D||No|
|Is item Energy Star Certified?||No|
|Operating Environment||41-95°F, 20-80% (non-condensing)|
|Power Consumption||140 W Max|
|Power Supply||Internal, AC 100-240V 50/60 Hz|
The Case for buying an Integrated NAS System from SimplyNAS
Buying a NAS doesn't have to be complicated or stressful. This may only occur at times when looking to buy a diskless NAS as the risk element of receiving a faulty NAS or drives are accentuated. Nothing wrong in buying a diskless NAS and adding your own drives, the savings made may offset the inconvenience of receiving faulty NAS/Drives and having to go deal with returns, or does it? The argument against buying a diskless and self-populating with drives is quite compelling.
- We ensure all drives are compatible with the relevant manufacturer, model provide conformity with the relevant compatibility guidelines.
- All our disk drives are sourced from manufacturer recommended distributors – we don't buy aftermarket drives or purchase on open grey markets.
- All our disk drives are sourced from manufacturer recommended distributors – we don't buy aftermarket drives or purchase on open grey markets.
- Our comprehensive batch rotation ensures customer avoid batch issues and thus promote reliability and longevity.
- Our methodology for configuration, setting RAID and in-depth burn testing process for disk drives and NAS servers is unsurpassed and the small premium paid for this service is worth its weight in gold.
- We are authorized partners for all the NAS servers we stock.
- We only sell and support NAS solutions, as a specialist our knowledge is unsurpassable.
- Our expertise within the technical arena for NAS servers, provides the glue for preventing our customers from making an incorrect buying decision, as we share our knowledge.
- Our extensive and professional burn-testing service ensure the optimization and deployment of both NAS and Disk Drives is done to provide peace of mind and total integration.
- Ready to use out of the box, no if's or buts.
Thinking of buying a NAS?
QNAP, Synology, QSAN and TerraMaster – Over fourteen Comprehensive years relationship culminating in our expertise of understanding all the NAS products, and skillfully combining performance, reliability and features to ensure our NAS experts are always at hand to help our customers optimize their storage needs.
At SimplyNAS we balance performance, reliability and compatibility to ensure customers get optimized NAS based disk solutions that perfectly match their Storage needs. All our pre-configured NAS systems are evenly balanced in the areas that really matter.
Call our NAS experts today at 407-960-4690
What is NASBIT?
NASBIT© is a Licensed trademark of SimplyNAS. The acronym stands for Network Attached Storage Burn in Testing. This term is used to describe the process of testing new Network Attached Storage (NAS) hardware and firmware for faults before putting it to use in a live environment. This is done by running 'Stress testing' software for a stipulated period of time often 24 to 48 hours, but longer if needed.
When we receive an order for a NAS system pre-installed with disk drives it's prepared and configured with RAID followed by burn testing to ensure the entire system undergoes a thorough examination thus ensuring the server passes all tests to the highest standards set by us. Should the system hardware or any associated components fail at any point of the testing cycle the system is pulled and returned back as faulty our relevant vendor partner, the process seems simple but setting it up is far from easy.
Hard Disk Drives
All Hard disk drives are pre-tested prior to integration; the smallest of faults be it tolerable within industry standards are classified by us as faults, the hard drive is rejected and eliminated from the process and again returned back to source as a D.O.A. (dead on arrival). We continue to select drives from different batches, so as to eliminate any bad batches that may have been produced during manufacturing.
One integrated the drives are put through a vigorous routine that includes stress testing, including temperature tests and a host of read, writes to ensure the drive platters are stressed to the nth degree.
First, when the new server is turned on, we boot off of the network, and proceed to run the memory test that takes its sweet time, almost 10-12 hours dependent on manufacturer and model.
The appropriate RAID level is set and the system awaits completion of RAID synchronization. Once completed the NAS server undergoes numerous re-boots and a deletion of original RAID and a final re-build of RAID level again.
Why is NAS Burn in Testing (NASBIT©) necessary?
If within the designated time span the NAS servers are still running and with zero faults, it is considered suitable for rolling out to our customers. If there is a failure of any kind the systems is replaced with a new one, including hard drives and the process starts again, until the NAS servers passes with ZERO faults.
You would normally expect that this level of testing would be completed by the hardware manufacturers and so these tests shouldn't show up any faults. In our experience of testing hundreds of machines we do find faults, and we do send systems back.
The reason it is so important to perform this level of testing on NAS servers is that the uptime demands are so high. The slightest faults will cause outages and downtime. Once a NAS server is deployed, never again will you have the opportunity to take it offline and perform such detailed testing. Even if it were to crash, there is always a demand that it be put back online as quickly as possible, not left offline whilst thorough diagnostics are completed.
Always remember this is hardware and failures can and will occur even after burn testing has been carried, that is a fact of life we cannot avoid, but we do try and eliminate some of the hassle factor with testing. Thank you for buying from us, we truly appreciate your custom.
NOT AVAILABLE ON DISKLESS UNITS - ONLY FOR SYSTEMS PRECONFIGURED WITH HARD DISK DRIVES
We try our best to get orders shipped as quickly as possible. However, due to the current situation with the Coronavirus, some manufacturers are experiencing stock constraints, shipping delays due to warehouse closures, delays in customs or other unforseen circumstances which can sometimes delay an order as stock levels can change hourly. We understand that your order may be urgent, so if you want to check if something is in stock before you place your order, please call us at 407-960-4690 during our normal business hours of 9-6PM EST. We also try to be transparent on the site with availability and shipping times. We do sometimes make mistakes and greatly appreciate your understanding if this occurs. Please allow some grace and patience as we work through the difficulties and challenges of communicating with our suppliers to keep up with supply changes.
So when can I expect a shipping notification for my order?
- Diskless orders that are in stock will ship same day if placed before 2pm.
- Diskless units that are not in stock we will ship directly from our suppliers warehouses. This could delay shipping by 1 - 3 business days.
- Configured systems are considered special order. This means that they are not already pre-built and ready to ship when you place an order. When you purchase a configured system from us it will not ship out for at least 2 - 3 business days due to the time it takes to pick, assemble, test, RAID and prepare your order for shipment. If we do not have one of the components on the build, that will further delay shipment as we have to wait for stock to come to us. You will receive updates for the order as it goes into testing.
When will my card be charged for an order?
We do not immediately charge your credit card when you submit an order, instead a temporary hold is placed on your card for the amount of the purchase. If everything is in stock, we will charge your card and process you order for building or shipment. Should there be a delay of some sort, we will notify you by email with the ETA and ask for approval to charge your card and process your order. Please be advised that we cannot allocate stock to you without prepayment. So, if you approve the ETA, we will immediately charge your card so that we can secure the stock from our suppliers. Once this charge occurs, any cancellation will incur a 3% fee.
Security and Payment Verification Requests
We take customer security very seriously as fraud and chargebacks are costly. In order to protect you and keep our costs to a minimum, we may ask you to verify your identity when you place an order. If your billing and shipping differ, or if the billing and shipping parties differ and we can't veryify you as a legitimate business, we will send a request by email with a link, asking you to upload documentation for us. We understand that this may make some people nervous, but you are sending your files to the same secured server as your payment and no one can access the files except for the staff who verify them. Your files are purged from the server within 120 days of payment date. As we cannot physically verify your identity when you place an order, this is the only way for us to accomplish this so we ask that you complete the verification as we won't be able to process your order until this step is completed.