QNAP UX-800P Expansion Chassis. This Expansion connects via USB to host NAS. Please check to make sure your model is compatible below.
|Hard Disk Drive||8 x 3.5” or 2.5” SATA 6Gb/s, SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
1. The system is shipped without HDD.
2. For the HDD compatibility list, please visit https://www.qnap.com/compatibility/
|Hard Disk Tray||8 x Hot-swappable tray with key lock|
|RAID Management||Yes, (via QNAP QTS Storage Manager)|
|USB||1 x USB 3.0 port (rear)|
|LED Indicator||Power, Link, Status|
|LCD Panel||Monochrome-LCD display with backlight|
|Secure Design||Kensington security slot for theft prevention|
|Fan||Quiet cooling fan (12 cm, 12V DC) x 2|
|Power Supply Unit||Input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz, Output: 350W|
|Dimension||185.2 (H) x 298.2 (W) x 235.4 (D) mm
7.29 (H) x 11.74 (W) x 9.27 (D) inch
|Weight||Net weight: 7.3 kg (16.08 lbs)
Gross weight: 8.6 kg (18.94 lbs)
|Sound Level*||Sound pressure (LpAm): 25.9 dB(A)|
|Power Consumption||HDD Standby: 25.47W
In Operation: 51.77W (typical)
|Temperature||5°C ~ 35°C (40°F ~ 95°F)|
|Humidity||5~95% RH non-condensing, wet bulb: 27˚C.|
Expansion Enclosure Management
An expansion enclosure is managed using the QTS operating system of the NAS it is connected to. Once attached, an expansion enclosure will be displayed in Storage Manager of the attached NAS alongside a variety of management features. Please note that expansion enclosure functions may vary by QTS version. Below are some fundamental functions for expansion enclosures in QTS.
* QTS 4.1 (or newer) is recommended when using an expansion unit.
- Expand the Storage Pool of the attached NAS or create separate Storage Pools & Volumes on expansion enclosures.
- Check hard disk S.M.A.R.T. information, S.M.A.R.T. test and performance test report.
- Easily locate/identify expansion units as well as individual hard disks installed within them.
The QTS Storage Manager comes with many advanced functions that have evolved with each version of QTS to provide easier and more efficient storage management. The following are some core applications or functions that are useful for expansion units:
- Use the Dashboard to view system storage allocation or obtain an overview of space utilization by volume.
- Move data to another QNAP NAS for data backup or recovery using QJBOD Express.
- Optimize performance and reduce costs by automatically allocating data to faster or higher-capacity storage media (based on usage frequency) using Qtier.
All features are subject to change based on different QTS versions or NAS models. Please refer to the software specifications of your respective NAS model.
To learn more about using Storage Manager, please visit our Tutorials & FAQ site: