You have no items in your shopping cart.
Synology RackStation DS2422+ Diskless, Intel Xeon D-1531 6-core 2.2 (base) / 2.7 (turbo) GHz, 16 GB DDR4 ECC SO-DIMM, USB 3.2 Gen 1 port x2, RAID 0/1/5/6/10 JBOD.
- Processor: AMD Ryzen V1500B 64-bit 4-core 2.2 GHz
- System Memory: 4GB DDR4 ECC RAM
- Maximum Memory: 32 GB ECC DDR4 RAM
- RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port: 4 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)
- PCIe Expansion: 1 x Gen3 x8 slot (x4 link)
- Drive Compatibility: 3.5-inch or 2.5-inch SATA hard drive or 2.5-inch SATA SSD
- M.2 SSD support: Dual M.2 2280 SSD supporting NVMe SSDs
Built for high-performance mass storage
The 12-bay Synology DiskStation DS2422+ is a capable choice for small and medium businesses with large storage, file sharing, and data protection requirements in a multi-user environment. It comes with powerful storage management, file syncing, surveillance, and backup software, and is suitable for editing high-quality video and as VM storage.
|AMD Ryzen™ Quad-core 2.2 GHz||2,201/1,383 MB/s sequential read read/write throughput 1||Easily add 10/25GbE and NVMe SSD cache||Expand to 24 bays with one DX1222 expansion unit|
Comfortably run demanding applications and processes with multiple users on the DS2422+ while still enjoying a smooth and fast experience. See the improvements that help make your business productive.
Rise to the challenge
Prepare your DS2422+ for heavy workloads or upgrade flexibly as your business continues to grow. Use add-in cards to add bandwidth, fast SSD cache, or both.
|CPU Model||AMD Ryzen V1500B|
|CPU Frequency||4-core 2.2 GHz|
|Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI)|
|System Memory||4 GB DDR4 ECC SODIMM|
|Memory Module Pre-installed||4 GB (4 GB x 1)|
|Total Memory Slots||2|
|Maximum Memory Capacity||32 GB (16 GB x 2)|
|Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit||24 (DX1222 x 1)|
|Compatible Drive Type* (See all supported drives)||
|Maximum Single Volume Size*||108 TB|
|Hot Swappable Drive|
|RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port*||4 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)|
|USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port*||2|
|PCIe Expansion||1 x Gen3 x8 slot (x4 link)|
|Notes||exFAT Access can be installed for free from Package Center in DSM 7.0. In DSM 6.2 or earlier versions, exFAT Access needs to be purchased in Package Center.|
|Size (Height x Width x Depth)||270 mm x 300 mm x 340 mm|
|System Fan||120 mm x 120 mm x 2 pcs|
|Fan Speed Mode||
|Easy Replacement System Fan|
|Noise Level*||25 dB(A)|
|Scheduled Power On / Off|
|Wake on LAN / WAN|
|Power Supply Unit / Adapter||550 W|
|AC Input Power Voltage||100 V to 240 V AC|
|Power Frequency||50/60 Hz, Single Phase|
|Power Consumption*||73.11 W (Access)
32.12 W (HDD Hibernation)
|British Thermal Unit||249.63 BTU/hr (Access)
109.67 BTU/hr (HDD Hibernation)
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 95% RH|
|3-year hardware warranty, extendable to 5-year coverage - EW202|
|Notes||The warranty period starts from the purchase date as stated on your purchase receipt. (Learn more)|
|Notes||All memory modules will operate at the maximum frequency specified by the CPU manufacturer.|
- Model specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
- The figures are based on Synology internal testing. Each performance test is done individually. No other services or applications are processed at the same time.
- The actual performance may be lower than lab testing figure due to differences in server configuration, deployment, and the number of active operations.
- If usage requirements exceed the specifications above, please contact our regional partners for professional advice.
For the first time with a DS unit, Synology has disabled basic functionality for non-Synology brand drives, effectively vendor locking these units to their own drives. The following text was sent from Synology sales support, and has been confirmed now by users who have this new model in-hand:
Yes, the functionality is different from the way older models work. Unverified hard drives can be used but will display a warning while they are in the NAS. Both unverified and incompatible drives will not be able to display bad sector count, temperature, serial number, and other SMART fields.
1. Drives listed on the incompatible list for a NAS will not be able to be used in that NAS in any way unless migrated from another Synology NAS.
2. If a drive is not listed in either the compatible or incompatible section then it is considered unverified. These drives can be used but will display a warning while they are in the NAS.
3. Both unverified and incompatible drives will not be able to display bad sector count, temperature, serial number, and other SMART fields.
We have mentioned these to many of our customers, the drives work well, but as soon as Synology disables 'SMART' settings it's very difficult if not impossible to manage. Unfortunately, we do need a lot more users to remonstrate to Synology, allowing a 'U' turn, but currently all our pleas have fallen on deaf ears at Synology. Thank you for sharing this information.
The Case for buying an Integrated NAS System from SimplyNAS
Buying a NAS doesn't have to be complicated or stressful. This may only occur at times when looking to buy a diskless NAS as the risk element of receiving a faulty NAS or drives are accentuated. Nothing wrong in buying a diskless NAS and adding your own drives, the savings made may offset the inconvenience of receiving faulty NAS/Drives and having to go deal with returns, or does it? The argument against buying a diskless and self-populating with drives is quite compelling.
- We ensure all drives are compatible with the relevant manufacturer, model provide conformity with the relevant compatibility guidelines.
- All our disk drives are sourced from manufacturer recommended distributors – we don't buy aftermarket drives or purchase on open grey markets.
- Our comprehensive batch rotation ensures customer avoid batch issues and thus promote reliability and longevity.
- Our methodology for configuration, setting RAID and in-depth burn testing process for disk drives and NAS servers is unsurpassed and the small premium paid for this service is worth its weight in gold.
- We are authorized partners for all the NAS servers we stock.
- We only sell and support NAS solutions, as a specialist our knowledge is unsurpassable.
- Our expertise within the technical arena for NAS servers, provides the glue for preventing our customers from making an incorrect buying decision, as we share our knowledge.
- Our extensive and professional burn-testing service ensure the optimization and deployment of both NAS and Disk Drives is done to provide peace of mind and total integration.
- Ready to use out of the box, no if's or buts.
Thinking of buying a NAS?
QNAP, Synology, QSAN and TerraMaster – Over fourteen Comprehensive years relationship culminating in our expertise of understanding all the NAS products, and skillfully combining performance, reliability and features to ensure our NAS experts are always at hand to help our customers optimize their storage needs.
At SimplyNAS we balance performance, reliability and compatibility to ensure customers get optimized NAS based disk solutions that perfectly match their Storage needs. All our pre-configured NAS systems are evenly balanced in the areas that really matter.
Call our NAS experts today at 407-960-4690
What is NASBIT?
NASBIT© is a Licensed trademark of SimplyNAS. The acronym stands for Network Attached Storage Burn in Testing. This term is used to describe the process of testing new Network Attached Storage (NAS) hardware and firmware for faults before putting it to use in a live environment. This is done by running 'Stress testing' software for a stipulated period of time often 24 to 48 hours, but longer if needed.
When we receive an order for a NAS system pre-installed with disk drives it's prepared and configured with RAID followed by burn testing to ensure the entire system undergoes a thorough examination thus ensuring the server passes all tests to the highest standards set by us. Should the system hardware or any associated components fail at any point of the testing cycle the system is pulled and returned back as faulty our relevant vendor partner, the process seems simple but setting it up is far from easy.
Hard Disk Drives
All Hard disk drives are pre-tested prior to integration; the smallest of faults be it tolerable within industry standards are classified by us as faults, the hard drive is rejected and eliminated from the process and again returned back to source as a D.O.A. (dead on arrival). We continue to select drives from different batches, so as to eliminate any bad batches that may have been produced during manufacturing.
One integrated the drives are put through a vigorous routine that includes stress testing, including temperature tests and a host of read, writes to ensure the drive platters are stressed to the nth degree.
First, when the new server is turned on, we boot off of the network, and proceed to run the memory test that takes its sweet time, almost 10-12 hours dependent on manufacturer and model.
The appropriate RAID level is set and the system awaits completion of RAID synchronization. Once completed the NAS server undergoes numerous re-boots and a deletion of original RAID and a final re-build of RAID level again.
Why is NAS Burn in Testing (NASBIT©) necessary?
If within the designated time span the NAS servers are still running and with zero faults, it is considered suitable for rolling out to our customers. If there is a failure of any kind the systems is replaced with a new one, including hard drives and the process starts again, until the NAS servers passes with ZERO faults.
You would normally expect that this level of testing would be completed by the hardware manufacturers and so these tests shouldn't show up any faults. In our experience of testing hundreds of machines we do find faults, and we do send systems back.
The reason it is so important to perform this level of testing on NAS servers is that the uptime demands are so high. The slightest faults will cause outages and downtime. Once a NAS server is deployed, never again will you have the opportunity to take it offline and perform such detailed testing. Even if it were to crash, there is always a demand that it be put back online as quickly as possible, not left offline whilst thorough diagnostics are completed.
Always remember this is hardware and failures can and will occur even after burn testing has been carried, that is a fact of life we cannot avoid, but we do try and eliminate some of the hassle factor with testing. Thank you for buying from us, we truly appreciate your custom.
NOT AVAILABLE ON DISKLESS UNITS - ONLY FOR SYSTEMS PRECONFIGURED WITH HARD DISK DRIVES
We try our best to get orders shipped as quickly as possible. However, due to the current situation with the Coronavirus, some manufacturers are experiencing stock constraints, shipping delays due to warehouse closures, delays in customs or other unforseen circumstances which can sometimes delay an order as stock levels can change hourly. We understand that your order may be urgent, so if you want to check if something is in stock before you place your order, please call us at 407-960-4690 during our normal business hours of 9-6PM EST. We also try to be transparent on the site with availability and shipping times. We do sometimes make mistakes and greatly appreciate your understanding if this occurs. Please allow some grace and patience as we work through the difficulties and challenges of communicating with our suppliers to keep up with supply changes.
So when can I expect a shipping notification for my order?
- Diskless orders that are in stock will ship same day if placed before 2pm.
- Diskless units that are not in stock we will ship directly from our suppliers warehouses. This could delay shipping by 1 - 3 business days.
- Configured systems are considered special order. This means that they are not already pre-built and ready to ship when you place an order. When you purchase a configured system from us it will not ship out for at least 2 - 3 business days due to the time it takes to pick, assemble, test, RAID and prepare your order for shipment. If we do not have one of the components on the build, that will further delay shipment as we have to wait for stock to come to us. You will receive updates for the order as it goes into testing.
When will my card be charged for an order?
We do not immediately charge your credit card when you submit an order, instead a temporary hold is placed on your card for the amount of the purchase. If everything is in stock, we will charge your card and process you order for building or shipment. Should there be a delay of some sort, we will notify you by email with the ETA and ask for approval to charge your card and process your order. Please be advised that we cannot allocate stock to you without prepayment. So, if you approve the ETA, we will immediately charge your card so that we can secure the stock from our suppliers. Once this charge occurs, any cancellation will incur a 3% fee.
Security and Payment Verification Requests
We take customer security very seriously as fraud and chargebacks are costly. In order to protect you and keep our costs to a minimum, we may ask you to verify your identity when you place an order. If your billing and shipping differ, or if the billing and shipping parties differ and we can't veryify you as a legitimate business, we will send a request by email with a link, asking you to upload documentation for us. We understand that this may make some people nervous, but you are sending your files to the same secured server as your payment and no one can access the files except for the staff who verify them. Your files are purged from the server within 120 days of payment date. As we cannot physically verify your identity when you place an order, this is the only way for us to accomplish this so we ask that you complete the verification as we won't be able to process your order until this step is completed.